Well what an expensive 10 minutes that was. $70 for a fleeting visit with the dermatologist. And that was a "Cheap" consultation so he keeps reminding me. Thank goodness I get almost half of that back from Medicare.
I flashed some of my skin to show him that my P was coming back, quite a bit of it now too. I told him that the lotion from last visit, although its stronger, doesn't seem to be doing the trick. That it is too runny and doesn't seem to 'stick' to the skin long enough to make any major difference to it.
The derm once again mentioned that this was a pretty strong preparation & that he was surprised that it hadn't worked as well as he expected. Then he went on to state that he would add some vaseline to this preparation to make it 'stickier' & that he would prescribe some steroid cream to put on first. Turns out its just celestone cream but that mixed with the coal tar may make a difference. Well I am hoping it will.
There is appointment made for another review this time. Dr R said that there wasn't much point of making one yet until I know whether this new mix of stuff is working or not. He said it may last me two weeks or it might last me a couple of months. Either way there was no rush to see him again unless there is NO improvement. And there I was thinking he kept changing the prescription so that I would have to keep coming back. Dr R even said that he wasn't this under control so that I don't have to come back & see him. Gosh that would be nice to go into remission. One can only hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment