Pages

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Not Happy Jan! Stupid Antibiotics!

Well I had my little operation yesterday as schedule. In fact I was the first one in theatre and I was back on the ward by 9:10am. Apart from feeling a little bit of pain not much more than the usual period pain I get it wasn't too bad. Of course once the paracetamol wore off it was a different story. However, I was ready to go home by around 11am or earlier, the only thing was I had to wait for the gynaecologist to come to the ward to check me before I could go home. Well guess what! It was around 12:20 by the time a doctor came to see me. Not MY gynie but one who works with him at least came to see me before I left. I was home by 12:45pm. So that wasn't too bad. He said everything went well, gave me a booklet to keep a record of my bleeding/spotting if I have any so that I can tell Dr Mc when I see him in the middle of October.

My ONLY complaint is that I have to take an antibiotic for a week are the insertion of the Mirena (a hormone releasing IUD). Well the antibiotic (Doxycycline Hydrochloride) came with a warning label stating that should not have excessive skin exposure to sunlight and sunlamps while being treated with this medicine! I am so NOT happy! All that hard work for the last two and a half weeks with the UVB lamp and all the lotions and potions is going to go to waste.
My skin had been looking beautiful. It was smooth yet red and on my arms I could see the freckles through the thinning layer of psoriasis.

Its really breaking my heart right now to know that my skin will take quite a few steps backwards because of this antibiotic I have to take. I know I only need to take them for 7 days but that can be a long time when it comes to my skin. I wont be able to start UV again until next Friday. By then I will have missed three doses. I just hope that I can keep it under control by just using the lotions and potions.

No comments: