Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gynaecologist Appointment

I finally had my appointment with the gynaecologist this morning. I don't know why but I was feeling a little nervous about seeing him. He was so nice & polite. In fact he was very reassuring. I wont going into all of what we discussed today but the main thing I wanted to share right now was the fact that he saw no reason as to why I shouldn't be able to use Primolut as long as it is helping my skin.

He too stated that he had never seen nor heard of anyone's skin being affected by hormones. Well, he isn't a dermatologist so I wouldn't imagine that he would've come across as many psoriasis sufferers now would he? So I didn't expect him to know all that much about psoriasis and hormones & how they can be affected by changes in the body.

Mark came along with me. I am glad that he did. I like having him about for moral support. Plus it helped that he remembered to ask questions about what was going on. He did remember to ask what were the long time side effects, if any, for being on this type of medication. He said that he was not aware of any long term side effects other than the possibility of a slight increase in breast cancer. I mean there are pros and cons of all types of treatments isn't there? So to me at least its worth taking the hormone tablet since I get a better quality of life as far as my sin is concerned. I get to talk it over with Dr F when I see him next I suppose.


No comments: