Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back Using Daivonex

After months of not being able to get a hold of any daivonex the chemist was finally able to fill my prescription the other day. So I have been happily using daivonex for the past few days. . My skin feels so much smoother. It's not felt this smooth in months. There is only one drawback. It seems redder than it has been in ages. The same kind of red when I get a flare but the only difference being is my skin feels smother. Oh well at least the daivonex is working and when I rub my skin it almost feels normal again!


4 comments:

Jamie Lou said...

Hello,

I haven't read through all your blogs, but I have mild-SEVERE psoriasis! I know the feeling, a few years ago my doctor prescribed me Dermazinc with a dosage of Clobetsol in milligrams. I cane honestly say, its been the best ting for me. No oily and icky skin after, dissolves right in, its a spray and make my skin feel cooler and calm. I hope this can be of help to you.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Hi Jamie Lou,
I'm glad that you have found something that helps you. Anything that makes your skin feel cooler & calm is a good thing.
I don't think I've ever come across Dermazinc or Clobetsol. I'll have to look them up.

Tim said...

Hi Jamie Lou,
Sounds like you live in Australia like me by the PBS comments.
I have never really looked at blogs before but my Father has started a blog like yours so I thought I'd look at a Psoriasis blog and can really sympathise with where you are coming from.
I have tried Methotrexate, Davinox, Adventum Fatty Acid, etc and most of what you have tried.
I have found PUVA good but life gets in the way and it is so hard to keep it going.
I have really found it hard with Psoriasis as I run my own company and find that my stress (high) sets my psoriasis off.
I found that 2008 was a really tough year for me and my psoriasis was the worst it has ever been.
The point of this is that I finally got serious with my dermatologist and via the PBS got on to Humira.
This is a biological treatment and since I have been using this my skin is clear.
100% clear.
Absolutely 100% clear.
As you know it can get really hot and humid in Oz and this year was the first time in 15 years that I have worn shorts and a T-shirt.
The Humira (am on Enbrel now) is free as it is paid for by Medicare.
Is this something you could get on to?
Basically, you need to have failed on two treatments such as you have, then you apply via Medicare and you are able to get this.
Mentally, it has made a real difference to my life and it may be worth it for you.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Hi Tim
I am so glad that you have found something that helps you. I've heard a little bit about Humira and was wondering how successful that is.
Maybe I should talk to my GP about getting an appt with a derm. I've not seen one in years.
I bet it was such a wonderful feeling being able to wear shorts & t-shirt and being clear of psoriasis.