Yesterday we went out to do a bit of shopping (I got a few bargains I might add ~ some new fabric and sewing accessories - I'm going to learn to sew this year) and we also went to visit a 'new' friend. Well they are actually one of our next-door neighbours relatives and they are new friends of Mark's from a game called RuneScape. A game that Mark has been playing for the last couple of weeks.
Anyway we went to visit them (I'm going to call them R&B as I don't have permission to use their names on here yet) after we went shopping at Fountaingate. What a drive it was to go and see them. We went to parts of Melbourne & its outskirts I had never been to before. I didn't mind that though its always good to see new places & it got us out of the house.
While we were there I was asked twice, on separate occassions, by two of the children (now I don't know if the kids are from that family or were just visiting as there were quite a few children there) about the skin on my arms. I was prepared for questions, I usually am, and I gave a response that I had hoped would put them at ease with their curiosity and said that it was something called psoriasis, which meant my skin grew faster in some places than others. I shouldn't have worried (not that I really did) because they kids just accepted it and left it at that. In fact both R&B (the people we visited) mentioned to at least one of the children it was like what our neighbour had and like the stuff that B gets on his face.
I tell ya I just wish that ALL people were like the ones I met yesterday. After the initial curiousness they didn't care that I was covered in P. Why can't people just accept you as you are without the stares of "OMGOSh will I catch it?" Not that R&B or the children were like that but let's face it there are thousands of people out there who ARE. I tend to forget that I wear rose coloured glasses most of the time and not everyone out there is as nice as the friends & family I have. But at least yesterday showed me that there are more people out there like me who don't care that others have P. It kind of restores the faith in people.
No comments:
Post a Comment