Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Safety Net

I don't believe it we've actually reached the Safety Net this year. I've never had that happen before but then again I've never had EVERY member of the family on regular prescriptions before.

Before I went to pick up the little dude I took five scripts in to the chemist to be filled. One for Mark, two for the big fella and two for me. There I was thinking OMGosh how on earth am I going to find $25 for all the scripts (we pay a $4.70 co-payment for every script we get filled). I didn't even put in all the other scripts that I got today just because I didn't have all the money I thought would be needed. When we went in to collect the scripts I was surprise to find that we had reached the safety net (which basically means we've spent over $250 on [PBS] prescriptions this year). It may not sound a lot but it is when you don't have a great deal of money as it is.

So for at least the rest of this calendar year any prescriptions we need filled will be free. So I am going to go in either at the end of this week or early next week to get the rest of the prescriptions filled. Free is good ...

No comments: