An insight into the life of someone with Psoriasis.
If you know somebody with psoriasis please remember; they need your love and support. Psoriasis affects a person mentally almost MORE than it does physically!!
Thursday, October 08, 2009
No More Daivonex
Daivonex ointment is no longer being manufactured. A darned shame if you ask me as it was one of the things that used to help me the most. The people at the chemist told me the other day because they owed me some tubes and have been unable to get them. Guess I need to find something else. Its a good thing I now have a dermatologist appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Daivonex (also known as "Dovonex" in some countries) is a vitamin D derivative (calcipitriol) which are well established as an effective treatment for psoriasis.
The American Academy of Dermatology recently published guidelines that emphasized the value of these medications.
In the U.S., there is a new formulation of a different vitamin D derivative (calcitriol). It is called Vectical. http://fromyourdoctor.com/document/vectical-calcitriol.html. It may be available in the UK, but I am not sure. Good luck
Thank you for the info about the new medication. I don't know whether or not its in Australia yet but I am sure that when I see my new derm I will be given something new to try.
Post a Comment