I got back from seeing my GP a short time ago. I specifically went in to ask him for a referral to a dermatologist. My doctor asked me when I last saw a derm and it was back in 2002 when I first moved to Victoria. I remember because my previous doctor didn't want to give me a referral purely because seeing any form of specialist here is expensive.
Anyway back to my GP. He told me that there really hasn't been many changes in dermatology treatments but I said to him that the derm might know of some new cream or something. My doctor then said that I was an optimist. I then told him that I like to look for that silver lining in the dark clouds. He laughed and said there really aren't any silver linings to find. Bah Humbug!
I just phoned the hospital where this dermatologist comes to visit and would you believe that I only have to wait for a month to get in to see him. I was pleasantly surprised. I honestly thought that I wouldn't be able to get in for another three months. I am so glad that I don't have to wait that long. Roll on November 11th!
I can't believe that I am actually excited about seeing a new doctor! I'm hating the fact that I need to show him my skin on most of my body. I do like to cover up but not because of my P. I cover up because I'm not exactly a yummy 'skinny' mummy. Never mind but I am crossing fingers that there is something worthwhile for me when I see him & my skin improves!
3 comments:
Very recently I became aware of a great new drug for psoriasis. I came upon information about stelara at http://www.fromyourdoctor.com/document/stelara-ustekinumab-psoriasis.html. What I found great about the new medication is that it indicates it only has to be take 5 times per year. Hopefully those suffering from psoriasis, like me, will finally benefit from a low dose, highly effective medication.
Recently I came across a great new online service to find a dermatologist near me. It's called Findadermatologist and seems to include most dermatologists in my region. Check it out, www.findadermatologist.com, it really helped me when I needed to find a physician quickly.
Thanks for the link. I am sure that it will be very helpful for people who live in the US.
Post a Comment