Pages

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Epidermolysis Bullosa Acquisita (EBA)

I was talking with Marks brother yesterday, I think it was yesterday lol all the days seem to be blurring together of late. Anyway he was telling me about a different type of psoriasis that I had never hear of before called epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA). It certainly doesn't sound very nice but then again when does psoriasis ever sound nice?!?!

I was trying to research EBA but there wasn't a lot of information out there. The only site I could find a decent description of it was a French one but at least the description was in English. Anyway go >>HERE<< to check it out.

If I come across some more links I'll post them so you can check it out.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi

I've come across your site through a google alert on EBA. I just wanted to point out that there is in fact more information available about EBA should you be interesed. If you're still looking you might start at the following:

1. Living with Epidermolysis Bullosa Acquisita - FAQ
2. http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic125.htm

Matthew

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you very much Matthew for the links. I really appreciate it and I have found them very helpful.

I have also read your story. It seems that our experiences are very similar but I am grateful that my Psoriasis has never required that I be hospitalised.

I wish you every success on what ever treatment you use & I hope that there is something that will help put EBA into remission for you.