Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Ultrasounds & X-ray

I went to the hospital this morning to get an ultrasound done on my shoulder and my pelvic region. I had to have a 'full' bladder as well. My appointment was for 10am and I finally made it home just after 11:30am. Who would've thought that two ultrasounds would take so long. Mind you I was never told that I would need an xray on my shoulder on top of the ultrasounds.

I never realised that the technician would have to press so hard on my shoulder. I thought I was going to fall of the chair a few times. Thank goodness it didn't hurt too much or I don't think I would've coped as well as I did. Looks like I have a torn tendon which means that I will probably need some physio or something to that effect.

The one I didn't like was the ultrasound on the pelvis. That one hurt like the dickens. My bladder was at bursting point by the time we got around to doing that one! My psoriasis was so red and tender where she had to place the probe or whatever it's called. She was very understanding and rather quick. She didn't want me to be in too much discomfort. Thankfully it was a rather quick procedure. From what the technician told me everything looks okay but she can't really say too much can she.

My GP gets the results in a couple of days time so I can phone up the clinic later this week to get the results.

No comments: