Pages

Friday, October 05, 2007

Warmer weather .. .. ..

With Summer just around the corner I have been thinking these past few days about how my skin has been lately and what I am going to do about 'baring' all in public after having worn long sleeves and long pants for the past few months.

Now I normally could care less what happens, how I dress or how I look to everyone else but for some reason its been bugging me a little. Normally I wear whatever feels comfortable whether it be shorts, dresses, skirts, pants, long sleeves or short. Maybe I should continue to be that way but as I have said these past few months my skin has been hidden from view. I've only started taking notice of how bad it really looks this past week. Maybe its because I have been sick and hormonal that my skin has been flaring. It's been sorer than usual but I'm not complaining really it's just a bit more noticeable than usual. My legs just look like one huge red blotch, not to mention my arms look the same too. It's hard to find the 'normal' skin in some places.

We've got a big school event coming up soon. It's the 125th anniversary of the little dudes primary school. We're going of course but I've been thinking about that I will be wearing on the day. Now I cant go dressed in my usual track pants and jumpers. They're a bit too daggy to wear to something like this but for the life of me I have no idea what to choose from my wardrobe. Now of course I have been secretly hoping that it will be cool on the day. There will be so many people there that I have never met before who will have absolutely no idea what Psoriasis is. I don't want them to think that I am this horridly diseased person who may be contagious.

I don't even know why I am thinking this way at all. I doubt that by next weekend (when the anniversary celebration is) that my skin will miraculously heal and look 'normal'. I know the weather in October can be on the cool side but I also know that it can be really too. Spring weather is unpredictable after all. Who knows ... maybe it will be cold and I can hide my skin from view just for this day.. ..

No comments: