I can't believe it I now have a NEW doctor. The clinic he works in is in town, my town to be exact. I no longer have to drive 35 kilometres (around 20 miles or more) to see my GP. I've been seeing the same doctor for the past 5 years so this is a big change but a welcome one I guess. I've also authorised the new clinic to get my medical records from my old doctor (and for the boys too since we're all changing to the new one).
I had my first appointment to see Dr.F this morning. I had met him previously when Mark's been to the doctors. I really liked him on that first visit so I'm glad I have him as my doctor. It's always strange to go for that initial consultation though. You just don't know exactly what to say. So I thought that I should take a list of my meds that I use, well at least the oral meds at least. I didn't bother with the ones I use for my P. I also brought with me a blood request form that my old GP filled out and I explained to Dr.F some of the things that Dr.L mentioned when I had my last test done. So guess what lucky me gets a repeat of the blood tests! Sheesh I didn't really want them but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry huh.
I am to fast before this test (a test that I hope comes back with normal results!!). Let's see what's being tested ... liver function, thyroid, glucose tolerance test. There's a couple of others too. I'm not looking forward to the GTT because that is that ultra sweet drink that they make you have, just like when they test you when you're pregnant. I hated that drink it's way too sweet! Almost like drinking undiluted cordial (kool-aid) YUK!!
I've just phoned the pathology place (the one in the next town) and they said because I am having the GTT I need to be there by 10 am and I will be there for at least TWO hours! Far out! what a long time to wait! She said bring a book! Sheesh perhaps I should bring two!! Gosh I hate my body if I have to go through with all of this!!
I'll go tomorrow and get this over and done with! Perhaps I'll even do the grocery shopping while I am in town.
Oh I almost forgot. Dr.F thought that my face was sunburnt and was about to tell me off for being burnt. Then Mark (who came in with me) said it was P. That's when Dr.F said oops I thought it was a burn.
No comments:
Post a Comment