I had an appointment with an employment agency today. The girl who interviewed me would've been no more than 23 or so. She was helping me organise my CV and list all my qualities & skills. She then asked me what kind of work I wanted. How should I know?? I've only ever worked as a teacher, apart from a part-time job in a food shop as a teenager, which I don't count as a job because it was so long ago.
Anyway, she said how about work in customer service. Well you can imagine my reaction. I told Lauren that does she honestly think someone would employ me with my skin the way it is?? Who would want someone with P (or any other skin disease for that matter) working in front of shop serving customers? She then replied that of course managers/owners would employ me! I laughed. Come on be honest with me! Can you honestly believe that there are people out there who wont discriminate against someone with P? I know government employers wont because that is against their policies but private business is another matter!! For goodness sake they can say anything about why you were NOT given the job. They could say you were over-qualified or didn't have the experience. They would say anything except the real reason!!
Needless to say she thought I was wrong but I know the truth. How naive can some people be?? She needs to take off her rose coloured glasses and look at the REAL world out there and get some real life experience. Her with her perfect skin .. having no idea what REALLY happens OUT there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment