I've been doing some reading on the boards of Psoriasis Support and I kept seeing the word nightshade & how it affects your skin if you have P. I had no idea what it was, except for something to do with tomatoes, so I decided to do some reading about it. I bet I'm not the only one in the group that has no clue as to what it really is.
Here's a link that I found that explains what Nightshade foods (organic food.co.uk) are. It was interesting reading to find out what these foods actually contain and what they can do to your body. I don't know if I am ready to give up certain foods though I like my chilli sauce that has a tomato base. So I guess I'll just put up with any reaction that happens. Not that I have noticed any & I probably never will notice any major difference.
Mark found a very interesting article too. It's about a new inflammatory disease drug (The Age newspaper - Australia) which has been developed in Australia. I think it's wonderful news even if it may not be available for up to 5 - 10 years. It certainly gives us hope though, not just for P sufferers but for many other inflammatory diseases.
No comments:
Post a Comment