Pages

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Looking Better

Gosh I hadn't realised that it had been so long since I posted anything here. At least I can give a bit of an update on how things are going 'skin' wise for me at the moment.

I've continued with my UVB and am now currently up to 3 minutes per side. I'll keep at that level for a while longer as I am still getting a bit burnt from that dosage. Not that you can see the physical effect of the burn since my skin is so pink from the psoriasis. In fact the only way that I can tell that I have a burn is that at night, after I've done my baking in the morning, I get extremely itchy on my back. As I said I cant see the burn but I can feel it.

I'm still taking one primolut tablet each morning and I think that it is still helping with my skin. I can at least see more and more freckles all over my body. Especially my arms and my torso. Not so much on the legs though. That darned P seems to be more stubborn there.

I went to the chemist the other week to get my daivonex prescription filled and once again they are having problems filling the order. The guy that owns the chemist said that he will phone me when it becomes available. So for now I have settled with the advantan fatty ointment which seems to be doing what is is supposed to. I cant really complain I suppose. Although I would dearly love to have something that will help the P on my legs. After all it is spring time here and the weather is warming up. I would like to be able to wear skirts and t-shirts without being too self-conscious. Not that I used to let that bother me before but things are a little different at the moment. Perhaps I will become more confident again later on. Who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello. i came back to your blog. i have psoriasis too. i made a blog too. lets enjoy life.. =)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Hi Randy
nice to meet you