Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

New Ointment

I got a new ointment from my GP today. I went in to see him for a couple of things today but one of the main things was because my Chemist is unable to get Daivonex at the moment. There has been a supply problem with it for the past two months or more. Anyway I got a script for Advantan Fatty Ointment (methylprednisolone). It only comes in a piddly little 15g tube so my GP had to phone up to get a special script. He said he was going to ask for 20 tubes for the price of one. A tube if I am lucky will last me a day if I use it as directed. Well even less if I use it twice a day like I am supposed to. To be honest neither the Dr, Mark nor I thought that the script for 20 tubes would be approved and that I would only get around 10. We were pleasantly surprised that the script was approved, well maybe shocked might be a better word.

So I now have 10 tubes, the Chemist owes me 10 more as they didn't have them in stock, to try out. I hope that it helps. I am so tired of being so sore. My skin has been biting a lot of late and the heat coming off if is just beyond belief. Who invented this blasted disease anyway? Don't we have enough things to torture ourselves with without having an incurable illness like this to make our lives so miserable? I never asked for this and if I did I must have been completely insane to have agreed to it!

I suppose there is a small silver lining to this cloud for today. I have bought around 37 prescriptions since the beginning of the year. Only 23 more to go until we have reached this years PBS 'goal' of 60 scripts before we get our freebies. Give me another 10 weeks and I am sure that we will have reached our 'goal'.

No comments: