Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Ointment

I went to see my GP on Friday afternoon. We got talking about my P and how things were going on the advantan cream. I explained how it was working but how my skin flares badly when I stop. I expect that it's because its a steroid cream. Anyway he prescribed advantan ointment (mydr.com.au) this time round. Its an itty bitty tube so my GP prescribed 15 tubes at a time. Thank goodness I have a concession card and can get them on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. Only thing is the co-payment has gone up. Not by much but when you get anything up to six prescriptions at a time it certainly mounts up!
Back to the ointment for a second though, It's no where as oily as daivonex (mydr.com.au) thank goodness, as I hated feeling slimy after using that one especially during the warmer weather as it makes me feel as if my skin can't breathe.

I've been doing the right thing and upped my UV time. Still going slowly as I don't want to burn. Doing my baking and using the advantan cream/ointment has made a big difference. My P is almost completely flat with hardly any flakes. I can see freckles underneath the pink! And it looks no where near as red and angry as it used to. I just hope that it continues to improve to the point where I wont need as many lotions and potions any more.

No comments: